Edelweiss Financial Services Limited has come up with a Secured Redeemable Non-Convertible Debentures Public Issue (NCD IPO) from July 4, 2023, to July 17, 2023. This NCD Public Issue, rated AA- by CRISIL and ACUITE, provides an attractive investment opportunity for investors. The blog will provide you with comprehensive information about the issue and the company, including its financial performance. The details of the issue are given below:
|Issuer Name||Edelweiss Financial Services Limited|
|Nature of Instrument||Secured Redeemable Non-Convertible Debentures|
|Rating||“CRISIL AA-/Negative” and “ACUITE AA-/ Negative”|
|Face Value||Rs. 1,000 per NCD|
|Base Issue Size||Rs. 1,500 million|
|Option to retain oversubscription||Rs. 1,500 million|
|Coupon||Up to 10.45%|
|Issue Date||July 4, 2023, to July 17, 2023|
|Minimum Investment||Rs. 10,000 only|
Specific Terms of the NCD Public Issue across different series
- Edelweiss Financial Services Limited (EFSL), established in 1995, is one of India’s prominent financial services conglomerates, providing a wide range of financial solutions at various stages of the client’s financial journey.
- The promoters of Edelweiss Group are Mr. Rashesh Shah and Mr. Venkat Ramaswamy, experienced professionals with over 30 years of experience in the financial services sector.
- The Group is headquartered in Mumbai, with 300 offices across major cities and nearly 8,500 employees catering to 6.7 million clients.
- EFSL is a diversified company serving sectors like:
- Retail as well as Corporate Credit
- Asset Management and
- Life and General Insurance
- The wealth management business, now known as Nuvama Wealth Management, is demerged and is an associate business in partnership with PAG, where PAG is the majority owner of the business.
Key Shareholders as of March 31, 2023
|Name||% of Shareholding|
|Pabrai Investment Funds||8.5%|
|TIAA CREF funds||4.3%|
|Baron Asset Management||4.2%|
|Flowering Tree Investment Management||1.7%|
Performance Highlights of Edelweiss for the Year Ended March 2023
Financial Metrics across EFSL’s businesses
- The Asset Management business of EFSL experienced AUM growth of 31% Year on Year, reaching INR 177 Cr in profitability for the year.
- The Alternatives AUM stood at INR 46,500 Cr, 52% growth YoY. Moreover, the profit after tax witnessed over 3 times growth Year on Year.
- The Asset Reconstruction business demonstrated a profitability of INR 318 Cr for the year, reflecting 26% growth Year on Year.
- The Credit business profitability stood at Rs. 153 Cr for the year showing a growth of 38% Year on Year.
- The Gross written premium for the General Insurance business amounted to INR 552 Cr indicating a YoY growth of 53%.
- Additionally, the Life Insurance business achieved the milestone of embedded value break-even.
CRISIL in its rating rationale highlights the following key rating drivers for Edelweiss Financial Services Limited:
- Adequate capitalization, supported by multiple capital raises.
- Diversified financial services player, with demonstrated ability to build a significant competitive position
- Liquidity: Adequate
- Asset quality remains vulnerable
- Low profitability
Categories of investors in a bond public issue refer to the different groups or types of investors who can participate in the offering. These categories are typically defined by the issuer as per the guidelines laid by regulatory authorities like SEBI to allocate the available bonds among various investor segments. Below is the category-wise allocation ratio of the Edelweiss Public Issue.
Category I- Institutional Portion- 10% of the overall issue size- Public Financial Institutions, Insurance companies, Scheduled Banks, Provident Funds, AIFs, etc.
Category II- Non-institutional Investors- 10% of the overall issue size- Companies, Co-operative Banks, Trusts, Partnership Firms, Association of Persons, etc.
Category III- High Net-worth Individual Investors- 40% of the overall issue size- Resident Indian individuals or Hindu Undivided Families through the Karta applying for an amount aggregating to above ₹ 10,00,000 across all options of NCDs in the Issue.
Category IV- Retail- 40% of the overall issue size- Resident Indian Individuals or Hindu Undivided Families through Karta applying for an amount aggregating up to and including ₹10,00,000.
How to Apply through TheFixedIncome.com?
Apply easily using the following three steps:
An information Memorandum (IM) is a comprehensive document that provides investors with detailed information about the bond offering. It serves as an important source of information for investors to evaluate the bond and make informed decisions. An IM typically includes details about the issuer’s business, financial history, management team, offering details, the risks associated with investing in the bond, the use of proceeds from the issue, and regulatory and legal information.
Here is the link to the Information Memorandum of bond public issue of Edelweiss Financial Services Limited-
The Edelweiss Financial Services Limited Bond Public Issue (NCD IPO) presents investors with an opportunity to invest in secured redeemable non-convertible debentures. With a strong company profile, notable financial performance, and AA- credit ratings, Edelweiss Financial Services Limited aims to attract investors from different categories. Before investing, interested individuals should carefully review the Information Memorandum and consider their risk appetite and investment objectives.
Disclaimer: This article is based on publicly available information and other sources believed to be reliable. The information provided in this article is intended for general, educational, and awareness purposes only and should not be considered a comprehensive disclosure of every material fact. It should not be interpreted as investment advice for any individual or entity. The article makes no guarantees regarding the completeness or accuracy of the information and disclaims all liabilities, losses, and damages arising from the use of this information. Investments in the debt market are subject to market risk, kindly read all the documents carefully.